Thursday, March 12, 2009

Moving Day Approaches...


I can't believe that we are going to be moving into our new (downstairs) Innkeepers' Quarters this weekend! It's finally happening!!! - And it sure feels surreal...
The downstairs looks REALLY gorgeous! When I walked down there the other day, I stared around me in open-mouthed wonder. "This is NOT my house!" I cried out to Ryan, "This looks like something out of one of those fancy remodeling magazine pages!!!" It really is beautiful...the dark wood flooring, pastel-hued walls, white beadboard, and Victorian rosette mouldings really just MAKE the room! We picked the paint colors to match the patches of light blue found in the bathroom tiles. Speaking of tile, my contractor is taking some of my beloved fossil fish (that I dug myself many years ago in Wyoming!) and incorporating them into a band of tile in the shower...I think that is just so cool!!! :) Of course, if we ever move, I am going to be heartbroken over the loss of my fishes...Ryan will have to take me fossil hunting so that I can collect some more!


Now that Grandma and Grandpa have moved into their place (privacy! hurray!), and our quarters are almost done, Ryan and I finally have some time to spend just being young and in love...it's been a whirlwind of activity lately (revolving around either remodeling or farm chores), and we haven't had time to just BE together. We both miss that, and have determined that this next weekend, we are going to take one day to just HANG OUT! Ryan is my husband and my best friend, and I miss spending quality time with him.

Next week, the contractors will finish tearing out the kitchen and the upstairs bathrooms...dum dum duuuuuuuuuuuuum! ;P

ABOVE: Beginning to tile walk-in shower

ABOVE: Bathroom tile design (raised platform is where clawfoot tub will rest)

No comments: