Thursday, June 09, 2011

My Newest Old Hat!

Saw this lovely little 1940s chapeau on Etsy practically minutes after it was posted, and I snatched it up lickity split! Tomorrow is my 5-year wedding anniversary, and to celebrate, Ryan and I gave ourselves a small gift budget. This is my anniversary gift to myself (isn't is lovely?!?!?). He bought himself two much sought after woodworking books.

The hat is in PRISTINE condition, which is shocking for one so old and with such elaborate feathers!! It has a "bird" on the side of the brim, consisting of two real bird wings and a fake feathered head. The label reads "Germaine Montabert," but thus far I have been unable to find out anything about this hat maker.

I am wearing my 1930's estate sale score FOGA dress, which I think pairs wonderfully with my hat!


No comments: