Friday, June 20, 2008

Unintentional Herb Farm

So, I have discovered this past week that my property is host to all kinds of wonderful (wild) herbs! My husband and I noticed that all of our animal pastures are filled with German Chamomile! I was so excited to learn this! German Chamomile is easy to identify based on the hollow center of the yellow cone part of the flower, and by the way the white petals droop down as the flower matures. I have been harvesting the flowers all week and drying them for use in my botanical products (yes, it's very fitting that the small business owner of an herbal botanical goods store should have loads of wild herbs growing in her backyard). We also have wild spearmint growing around the property, as well as Lemon Balm and bushes and bushes of Rosemary! My husband and I are so happy!

No comments: