Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Long Nights Moon...

Though technically the Long Nights Moon is the full moon in December, I feel that it is an appropriate title for my life this month. Kidding/Foaling Season is also known as "The Time of No Sleep," as most breeders are pulling long nights spent watching barn cameras and/or listening to baby monitors. In case you couldn't tell: still no babies...

GOOD NEWS!: Spoke to both our contractors yesterday (yes, we are "special" enough to require TWO!), and interior remodeling begins next MONDAY! Whoohoo!!!! :) Cost estimate is very scary however...I am wondering how in the world we are going to get everything accomplished on the budget that we have, and how we will accomplish it in the VERY short time frame alloted to us...? I am trying not to think about that right now...

Setting up animal/ranch photo shoot with very well-known equine photographer Rob Hess for this coming April. We need to get in some conformation shots of our miniature donkeys (and goats, if he's up to a challenge!). He's pricey, but well worth it. Rob Hess has photographed some of the top miniature donkeys in the world!

Yesterday, Ryan and I raced to finish fencing barn pasture #3. We moved Punkin, Breeze, Citrine, and Poit into the new (larger) pasture, and we also placed a bunch of huge wooden spools (that were previously used to hold electrical wiring) in there, so now our goats have toys. They LOVE those spools! What's great is that the spools were free! The company was just going to throw them away, and Ryan and I asked if we could have them...this is a gold mine! *laughing*

Anyhow, it's off to bed for me! I have been up for 24 hours, and I need a NAP! Gotta get that beauty sleep for the all-nighter
tonight! Have I mentioned I hate kidding season sometimes? ;)

No comments: