Monday, November 14, 2011

A Deep Breath...

Well, Turkey Bon Voyage Day has come and gone. Many, many thanks to our four fabulous helpers! We could NOT have done this without you (especially not all 13!) - and I hope that you enjoy the bounty of your hard work! The weights were a great deal under what I was hoping for, but still respectable. I am also happy that we were able to save quite a few lovely feathers for hat decorating!

I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders, and that I can finally breathe again. I dread this day every year, though I feel that it is absolutely necessary. In my mind, to be a carnivore, you MUST know what goes into raising, slaughtering, and processing what you eat. And if you must eat meat, either humanely raise it yourself, or buy locally from someone else who does.

And now I can look forward to Ryan's 9-day vacation next week, a happy and very blessed Thanksgiving, and what I hope will be one of the happiest Yules in many, many years.

No comments: