Friday, March 16, 2012

History Repeats Itself...Sort of...

I found the most beautiful vintage wedding dress and matching hat on craigslist this week, and decided to purchase it. The entire ensemble was originally worn by a local woman for her own wedding in 1954. I guess the woman passed away last year at the age of 97, and before she died she mentioned the dress quite often and worried about what would happen to it when she passed away. Friends of her family listed it on craigslist. I didn't have the $60 asking price, but I explained that I loved and wore vintage clothing, and would give it a good home. So, $20 and a trip to Talent later, I was finally able to give a once-beloved dress and hat a new lease on life!

The beautiful sheath dress is composed of a silvery-blue brocade material with padded shoulders, 3/4 sleeves, metal side zipper, side pockets, matching belt, and a rhinestone pin. Fits like it was made for me, albeit made for me in that tight-like-a-glove sort of way...Kinda scary that I can still fit into a 24" waist if I hold my breath and don't eat anything (Ah, high school all over again!).


No comments: