Tuesday, February 12, 2013

2nd Annual Prohition Party


Well, after all of my griping and swearing that I would never again host another one, guess what happened last Saturday?: The 2nd Annual Prohibition Party.


I had several requests from people, asking me to host another party this year.  I finally gave in, and the good news is the turnout this year was much more respectable!  It also helped to have two wonderful co-hosts, who took some of the burden off of party planning.  


We also improved upon last year's design, making the livingroom into an even better jazz bar. 


We even had a boot legger, a bouncer, and a weapons check at the front door!


Like the cocktail shaker sitting on the bar?  All of our barware was period-appropriate, thanks to MartinisandMore (visit them at the Acme Garage in Medford for excellent vintage barware!) who loaned us everything for the party.


I wore my authentic flapper dress that I purchased after last year's party.  You may remember this picture from the post I wrote about it back then.

 

I apologize for not taking any pictures while the party was actually in progress - the flash on my new camera is so bright and annoying that I didn't want to blind people, and I am still figuring out how to turn it off when I try and take a picture.


 Blowing Smoke (don't ask where)

All in all, it was an excellent party, and I guess I am going to have to continue to throw these annually...


No comments: