Saturday, February 05, 2011

Girls' Day Out

My grandmother and I both desperately needed to get away from the farm (and all the related tasks) yesterday, so we decided to go "thrifting." We found some truly wonderful pieces! For Ryan: an antique gold "Linden" alarm clock (marked "West Germany" at the bottom - can anybody say "Cold War?"), & a musical "Happy Hour" canon that holds your booze bottle & shot glasses & plays music whenever you pour drinks!

For my lovely self: a 1960's GORGEOUS royal purple velvet EMMA DOMB gown, a lovely old necklace made with yellow beads (perfectly matching one of my 50's dresses) and lead crystal bead spacers, a set of 50's rhinestone screw-back earrings (not pictured), and a lovely brooch and earrings set of rhinestone birds.

*Happy Sigh*

The Emma Domb dress was 50% off, so I only paid $6!

It has the cutest ribbon train in back.

No comments: