After three tortuously long years, Ryan and I finally took a much-needed vacation! We briefly visited Portland, then headed up for a few days to Seattle, and finally spent the last couple of days of our trip slowly meandering our way back down the Oregon coast.
Here were the highlights:
- Best Place to Stay in the Portland area -
Nob Hill B&B, Casablanca Suite
- Best chowder (and seafood lunch!) in Astoria (or pretty much anywhere...ever!) -
- Best Tuna Appetizer -
"Poke" dish at Clemente's, Astoria, Oregon
- Best Place to Eat Lunch -
Rockfish Bakery, Lincoln City, Oregon.
Everything is made fresh, and locally-sourced. AMAZING FOOD! And incredibly economical prices!
- Most Relaxing Inn -
Tyee Lodge, in Newport.
Ocean view rooms,
and a path leading down to the beach...
what more could you ask for?
- Most Terrifying Adventure -
164 feet up in the Astoria Column in Astoria, Oregon!
Those stairs just keep going up...and up...and up...
- Most Beautiful Lighthouse -
Yaquina Head Lighthouse in Newport, Oregon (also great whale-watching location!)
- Happiest Seals -
Aquarium in Seaside, Oregon
- Best Place to Buy Crabs -
Historic Bayfront in Newport, Oregon