Friday, July 30, 2010

Woman In Charge

Cooking for the B&B is pretty much my job - Ryan's domain is his famous sourdough rolls, but it's my task to handle all of the other foods.

Until now, I have not felt confident enough to branch out into any new menus beyond my tried and true dishes. I never want to serve a terrible meal, and thus far I never have. However, today I branched out into a new dish, and it was a roaring success! I made fresh scones using an old recipe, and over this I poured homemade tomato-ginger jam (all ingredients except the ginger came off of our property!). I garnished this with a generous dollop of freshly whipped goats milk cream (thank you, Zilla!), and over this I sprinkled cilantro leaves. Let's just say that our guest didn't leave anything left on her plate!


1 comment:

Emerald Window said...

YUM!
Cenya