Friday, September 24, 2010

Slumming Again!

Grammy and I went yard sale-ing again this morning! There was a lovely little Estate Sale just down the road from us, and it combined my two favorite things: vintage goodies and cheap prices! For mere quarters, I snagged BAGS of beautiful old lace, antique linen napkins, metal zippers, and gold embroidery thread! For a few dollars, I purchased a stack of books on herbs and gardening. I bought an antique White Rotary sewing machine for $5, an old washboard for $2, and a beautiful black velvet dress/housecoat from the 1940's (the tag reads "Fashions by Marilyn, New York") for $4! Yippee!

The antique sewing machine has its original needle too! Though White's isn't as organized as Singer when it comes to manufacturing dates, I was able to estimate (based on the serial number) that the machine was made between the 1930s-1940s.

No comments: