Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Turkey Liver Pate, Anyone?

My grandmother recently gave me my great aunt's pate recipe. It was written on a sheet of paper that had turned yellow with age (and therefore you KNOW it's a good recipe!). Being that we had such a plethora of turkey livers on hand after processing our birds a few weekends ago (as well as more horse radish than we know what to do with), we decided it was time to put them to good use!

So here is my great aunt's Pate recipe!:

INGREDIENTS:
1 lb. organic cooked Turkey livers or Braunschweiger
8 oz. cream cheese
1 tbsp prepared horseradish
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 small onion, finely chopped

DIRECTIONS:
Let liver and cream cheese soften very well, and then add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. Serve with crackers.

My kind of recipe - simple and delicious. We recommend serving it with homemade sourdough crackers!


No comments: