Saturday, July 28, 2012

An Actual Date!


Well, for the first time in...I can't even remember when!...my husband and I decided to go out on a date!  We left the house around 9 am, and went to all of the antique stores we could find, had a delicious sushi lunch, got some supplies for making hard cider (we're pressing apples tomorrow), and now we are home for a brief rest before heading back out to go wine tasting later!  What a wonderful day, and what a much-needed bit of relaxing!  The 21-day stretch of B&B bookings was rough on me, and the resulting extreme stress and lack of sleep was causing me terrible headaches - it felt as though someone was driving a giant nail into my skull every day.  My body was telling me that I needed rest and I needed to unwind, and I think today went a long way toward accomplishing both.  In honor of our date, I wore my Birthday 2011 vintage faux birdie hat!


I also scored (at only $4!) a lovely little reprint of all of the Sears catalogs put out in the 1930s - I'm LOVING looking through it and seeing how prices and fashion changed throughout that decade...

No comments: