Friday, May 10, 2013

Edwardian Eye Candy

Things have been Busy-Busy-BUSY around here lately!  Not only are we dealing with an early-start tourist season, the final huge spring planting push, birthdays, wedding anniversaries, etc., but I've also had the unbelievable luck to purchase the remaining clothing-related inventory of an antique store!  As I said, it's been quite hectic!


Along those lines, I wanted to share some of the amazing COLOR images from a 1915 "National" fashion catalog.  I actually purchased four magazines/catalogs from the early part of the 1900s, and then was given this particular catalog as a gift.  It had originally been headed for the landfill, but the kindly owner saved it, and gave it to me.  The images are incredible (as are the hats!), and I wanted to share them with you...








Suffice it to say, I've been having quite an enjoyable time flipping through all of these...The publications span from a 1905 "Life" magazine to a 1919 "National" fashion catalog.  It's fascinating to flip through nearly two decades of history, from the turn of the century to the end of WWI!  Along those lines, one of the absolutely AMAZING pieces I purchased from this antiques store was a WWI American Army Officer's Dress Coat by "John G. Haas."  It's in very good condition, and the craftsmanship is exquisite!  Haven't decided if we will be selling it or keeping it, so stay tuned...

No comments: