Thursday, March 07, 2013

This Crazy Thing Called Life...

2013 sure has been off a roaring start - a stressful start, anyway!  Seems like our family, and everyone else I talk to, is having one rough go of it so far this year.  I keep hoping things will calm down, but then something else happens...*sigh*  I'm still staying positive, but I'm getting a bit tuckered trying to maintain inner balance.

2013 has also been a terrible year for catching the flu, as I believe my grandfather is the sole person on Planet Earth who has not come down with it.  Ryan, my grandmother, and I, all got sick with it, and Grammy was so sick that I was truly worried for quite a while.  We dragged her to the doctor repeatedly, and nursed her round the clock, and she is finally getting better.  But that was a very scary, very stressful month.  Once I recovered from the flu and was looking after my grandmother, the insane stressload, lack of sleep, and lots of coffee, took its toll on my already-compromised immune system, and I suffered further health issues.  I'm finally starting to feel better...

The bright spot in the last 30 days or so has been a respectable amount of sales in my Etsy store.  I used some of the income to buy some hardwood maple that Ryan had been drooling over for woodworking projects.  It was nice to bring a smile to his weary face - he looked like a kid at Christmas in a Norman Rockwell painting.


With spring nearly here, and the weather beginning to warm up, I've been busy in the garden and the greenhouse.  We've been tilling the garden plots, working on extending our irrigation set-up, planting early spring greens in the raised beds, and germinating vegetable seeds in the greenhouse.  Just this week, the arugula sprouted in the raised beds, and I expect to see the turnips any day now.  I planted my carrot & radish seeds this afternoon.

So life goes on here, and we take it one day at a time...


No comments: