Sunday, July 31, 2011

First Heirloom Tomato of the Season!


(and it's my favorite!)

The first tomato of the season was picked and eaten in orgasmic taste bud pleasure yesterday! It was one of my beloved Applegate Valley Heirloom Tomatoes. Small, and with a few marks of bug battle, but still delicious. I was a good and generous wife, and donated the entire tomato to Ryan (don't worry, I will blackmail him for a hat later). I've never heard him make those noises while eating something before...

Looks like we are a week or two away from some of the Orange Fleshed Purple Smudge tomatoes ripening. I think the Joya de Oaxaca and the other AVH tomatoes will be still further out in the ripening spectrum (but believe me, they are worth the wait!).

Tomato Harvest Time is nearly here...I'm so excited!!

No comments: