Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My Favorite Vintage Hats (UPDATED!)

I'm looking forward to chatting (& drooling) over a mutual love of vintage hats with a B&B guest later this week. The guest mentioned that they would love to see some of my hat collection, so I've been trying to think about which hats are my true favorites. It's a tough list...

Here are the ones that made the cut!:

1930s-early 1940s sequined tilt topper hat with cascading felt sparrows (Frank Palma Original) - VERY similar to the hat worn by Rosalind Russell in the 1939 movie, "The Women"

My 1930's "Fey-dora"

Late 1930s tilt topper hat with fake millinery bird (Frank Palma Original)

1940s GORGEOUS tilt hat with rainbow feathers!

1930s Velvet Tyrolean hat w/pheasant feathers

Late 1940s velvet "cocktail-esque" cap with a lovely spray of egret/Aigrette feathers

Late 1920s/early 1930s pink felt hat with feathers (worn by an extra in "The Curse of the Jade Scorpion!")

1940s "Architectural" hat with fuchsia calla lilies

BREATHTAKING 1940s tilt hat with a real set of double bird wings

"Bird and the Bee" 1940s-ish Jean Arlett hat

1950s spiral design bird wing hat

1930s felt and mink tilt hat with cascading calla lilies

My $4 1940s green felt tilt hat

"The Birthday Hat" - 1930s brown felt chapeau w/trailing pheasant feathers


No comments: