Thursday, July 07, 2011

A Walk Around the Farm...

I took my camera out this morning to see the sights...

An heirloom Dragon's Tongue bush bean reaches up to greet the morning sun! This little seedling is growing in the "new" pasture garden. Germination rate on my bean seeds: 6 days!!! Looking forward to that enormous mid-September harvest!

Noticed that the garlic was flowering...

I love the smell that the fields and fields of wild chamomile flowers make as you walk through them! And who can be sad with such cheery flower company anyway?

Oh, you thought I was exaggerating about the 'fields and fields' comment? Here's one small section of wild chamomile field...

Citrine (one of our Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats) came up to the fence to say hello!

The Indian Runner ducks were having a BLAST playing in their blue plastic pool! It's a bit like having living rubber duckies!

For those who have never seen parsnips (or, for that matter, carrots/lettuce/kale/etc) go to seed, welcome to my jungle! I hope you like parsnips...I'm going to be giving seeds away at this rate!

No comments: