Thursday, July 21, 2011

Let's Talk About the Birds & the Bees...

My newest vintage hat arrived this week!

Made by Jean Arlett:

I'm really in a quandary as to the exact time period of the hat: most of the Jean Arlett hats I have seen for sale date to the circa 1960's or so. However, the tag on THIS hat is much older in appearance - more like the type of tag you would expect to see on a 1940s or early 1950s hat. And the style could be either a 1940s OR 1960s hat!...So I have no idea...Anyone else have any clues?

It's a fun and colorful vintage hat with a long, trailing feather - in other words: JUST MY STYLE!! *grin*


There is a "bird" (with fake beak) on one side and an embroidered felt bee or butterfly on the other.

This hat makes me chuckle! I call it my "poorly punned" hat!

No comments: