Friday, September 02, 2011

Frankie & Isabel

I have decided that all of my vintage hats with complete "birds" need to be named. I don't know why it matters, but I figure that if people can name their cars, I should be able to name my hats!

Frankie, you've already met (shown above).

But now I'd like to introduce you to Isabel:

She's the crowning decoration (har de har har!) on this lovely little 1940's chapeau! I love her green bow.

My latest hat is made of a brown felted wool, with a brown plush velvet fabric trim and edging around the brim. It has an upturned front brim, low crown and a label reading, "Isabel Pickreel, Inc. Modelo Millinery 3104 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles" sewn inside. Inside circumference is 21.5 inches - a bit of a tight fit for me, but worth it. I wear it as a slightly tilt-style hat...

This would be the perfect accessory to a smartly-tailored 1940s brown wool suit!

No comments: