Saturday, January 23, 2010

Today, I planted another germination tray with Speckled Roman paste tomatoes (on the side of the tray), more Echinacea purpurea, Green Zebra tomatoes, and Garden Sage. Just yesterday I planted a tray with Stupice tomatoes (on the side of the tray), Mexican Tarragon, Jalapeno peppers, Echinacea purpurea, and Orange Oxheart tomatoes.

In other news, my asparagus crowns finally arrived. I have them soaking in water before I plant them later today (or maybe tomorrow at the rate that time is flying). I also picked up some Mary Washington asparagus seeds (yes, I love asparagus - can you tell?), and discovered that Bimart of all places has a decent seed selection of both vegetable and herbs! I picked up some more Meadowsweet and Caraway seeds, and some Walla Walla Onion seeds. After that, I was bodily dragged out of the seed section by Ryan. We had originally come in to look at portable heaters for the Solarium (so that I can move my plants - currently housed in the Duchesse de Portland guest room - in there and not continue to spill dirt on the carpet! *grin*).

Today dawned with a sprinkling of snow, but has now cleared up and is rather warm for a January day. I set out some of my 3-month-old perennial herbs for planting this afternoon. After looking at the weather forecast, I figured I could get away with it. Nighttime temps are only supposed to dip down to the mid-thirties now, and thus far the Clary Sage, Echinacea, and Skullcap I planted outside several weeks ago appear to be holding on just fine.

No comments: