Friday, January 08, 2010

Winded

Okay, I now realize that I am severely out of shape! Collecting and dumping 5 wheelbarrow loads of manure into my new planter boxes (really awesome ones that Ryan made using deconstructed hay pallets!) has me absolutely sore and winded! This from the girl who, last summer, lifted over 1000 lbs. of rock in a matter of roughly 6 days to construct her new formal herb garden! Apparently, winter really HAS been my time to sit around...the silver lining in this recent bout of strange above-average temperatures has been that it has allowed me to go outside and get some landscaping work done around the B&B. However, I was driven indoors this afternoon when the rains came.

I finally got around to planting my final two indoor seed flats today: Tray #1 contains Agave and Peruvian Torch cactus, and Tray #2 contains Italian Parsley, Thyme, and Oregano. I also transplanted some Boneset and Maravilla seedlings into larger pots.
Still waiting for the rest of my Maravilla seeds to germinate, as well as my cinnamon seeds. I remember reading that the cinnamon takes a long to germinate though...*fingers crossed*

1 comment:

Moonstone Gardens said...

Hi Jillian,
Just found your blog and was so happy to find that you are so close. We come to Jacksonville every few years and will definately look your inn up next time.
The weather really has been crazy, but not as bad as other people in the US or England are getting. I'm glad we missed out on the 3 week snows.
Please visit my website and stop in if you are ever up in the Eugene area.
Cindee