Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Another Project Down...

I finally had a chance to mend the $5 "Milton Lippman Original" 1950s sheath dress that I purchased at the thrift store last week.

With so many B&B guests, it's a bit difficult to find a work space around here. So I had to wait for a brief calm spell in between bookings! The dress has definitely seen better days, and needed many, many patches. I did the best I could, as I believe this dress is absolutely worth saving and wearing! It has loads of personality!

It has two large front pockets, and buttons down to the waist in front, and then there is a matching button (with a major area of patchwork repair to the right - visible even in the picture!) in the back of the skirt where the "kick pleat" is.

There is also a side zipper.

The material is very thin and shear, which I believe is due to both age and the type of fabric. Definitely a dress you'd need to wear a slip with!

No comments: