Friday, August 19, 2011

Frankie II

My 2nd example of a 1930s/1940s "Frank Palma Original" tilt topper hat arrived today!! I LOVE it! The poor bird was in a bit worse shape than I had been led to believe, and needed some feathers re-glued (thank goodness I had already purchased the Fabri-Tac!). Otherwise, the hat is in great shape, as is the fun netting! Normally, I am not a netting/veil type of person, but this has a wide grid and just compliments the hat's character SO well. I will not be removing it.

This is the first tilt hat I've owned that does NOT stay on very well (odd), so I will be adding an elastic hat strap at some point (I also need to put one on the pheasant hat I recently bought). In the meantime, I am just very very careful not to move my head around too much when I wear this!

I LOVE this hat! It is another vintage hat that really epitomizes the funky & fun style that I like to call my own.

Viva la vintage hat! ;)

3 comments:

annika said...

I was just given a Frank Palma hat, and couldn't find any information on him until I came across your blog. I have an image posted on my blog if you're interested, it's quite different from yours, but has two of the little bird forms: http://lilleputt.tumblr.com/post/12475810708/frank-palma-anyone

Apothecary Inn said...

Thank you so much for the link to the picture! What a LOVELY little hat! I love Frank Palma's bird hats - it's my goal in life to collect as many of them as I can find! :) I wish that I could share more information on him, but he's an elusive character...

pink said...

Love that tilted hat! It is adorable on you. The netting is precious with its bits of fluff. would love to see some closeup shots of the inside and outside. But I know you bloggers have lives too! Fab blog. glad to find you!