Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Butt's Been Kicked By A Poo Pile

There is something about a steaming pile of compost in the cool morning that makes me think of the misty moors of English literature. On the farm we like to call this, "Setting the Mood." It's what you do when you have a stinky or unfavorable task to accomplish, and you need to take your mind off of things. I have decided that pretending I am playing on the moors of England is MUCH better than, say, planning what I will eat for lunch as I scoop poo.

After an hour and a half of pushing a heavily compost-laden wheel barrow up and down a rather steep incline, I managed to finish off the first "section" of 2nd Garden from fence line to fence line. That is roughly 70 feet x 20 feet of 6" of compost. Ok, Ok, the tractor did most of it, but I got quite a large patch finished today using only my trusty poo shovel and wheel barrow. Don't mess with me.

*grin*

Now it's time for me to take a break and go into town to run errands. Well, I'm going to get cleaned up first of course!

No comments: