Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thrifty Round #2

I needed a break from the compost pile (and the farm) today, so, with the excuse of grocery shopping, I ventured forth into town!

Ryan and I have been suffering from the winter time nutritional "blahs" lately. I had to pull up my carrot and winter salad patches (don't worry - not the sorrel patch!) to make way for this spring's seeds, so there's not much left in the garden for us to munch on at the moment. Sigh. So in the meantime, we have to survive on store food. Bleh. I'm trying to make the best of it though! Tonight's dinner is homemade sourdough pizza. I flavored the sourdough with the focaccia bread seasonings that my mother-in-law gave us, and the pizza will be topped with onions, mushrooms, broccoli, BACON, and cheddar cheese, and of course the sauce will be my own homemade recipe! There will be an accompanying salad liberally smothered in blue cheese crumbles (I've been having a cheese craving). So dinner tonight will help a bit with the no-fresh-veggies blues...

Anywho, where was I...?

Oh yes, I figured that mentally and physically I needed a break from the farm & garden today, so I ventured into town for a little grocery & thrift store shopping. I picked up three lovely pairs of shoes for wearing with my vintage outfits (one is a snazzy little pair of leather pumps made in Italy), three vintage purses, a pair of pretty gloves, and a hand saw for Ryan.









I wore my 75 cent Lilli Ann dress out! I love that dress!

Yay for thrift store shopping adventures!!
(I don't get out much - can you tell?)

And when I got home, my lovely blog giveaway package had arrived! I love-love-loooooooove the brooch best of all (though everything I received is fab!). It's a 3D underwater scene...soooo cool...

And finally, I "played" with moldy, squishy, yellow cucumbers today, scraping out the seeds into a cup and allowing the fermentation process to begin! Nothing screams seed saving like handling squishy yellow cukes!!

No comments: