Thursday, October 13, 2011

My Young Viewpoint

Another beautiful vintage score at the thrift store yesterday! This time a late 1940s/early 1950s "Young Viewpoint" black dress with bead/sequin detailing on the collar.

It is lovely, and has 3/4 length sleeves, padded shoulders, belted waist (though it's missing the belt, it does have the belt loops and was clearly meant to be worn with a belt), flared skirt, and metal side zipper. I LOVE IT! The problem is that I don't know if I can part with it for the Etsy store...*sigh* This is the problem of being both a vintage clothing seller and lover. I don't know how those other lovely ladies on Etsy do it! I suppose there comes a point in time where you run out of closet space...?

Anywho, the pictures are a tad washed out from the sunshine, but as I said, it's a lovely black dress. Material appears to be some sort of taffeta (just a guess - goodness knows I'm NO fabric expert! But it makes that rustling noise I always associate with taffeta).


No comments: