Sunday, October 23, 2011

Stitch 'N' Bitch

A few weeks ago, I picked up the most adorable 1950s prom dress with built-in crinoline at the thrift store (in the costume section - go figure!) for $1.50. It is a red-and-white-striped halter dress, but had the unfortunate luck of being a 28" bust and a 24" waist...a bit too small even for me! So last Friday I stitched in two matching panels on either side of the zipper, thereby expanding it enough for me to wear! Not my best work, but good enough for a $1.50 dress! I accidentally made the bust a little larger than I wanted, but it's still wearable...just goes to show that you shouldn't sew or take measurements at the end of a long day (and with a pounding headache!). However, with only moderate levels of cursing, I now have another fabulous vintage dress to add to my closet collection!!


No comments: